Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pioneer Press Cartoonist Comments On Phone Book Dumping

Flickr.com

The Pioneer Press has a cartoon called "in this corner" (sic) by David Steinlicht, which I normally find so bland I can only commit to skimming it for anything of mild interest. But today it got my full attention...

Though it was actually the cartoon from Friday, October 3, which I only got around to reading this afternoon. In Friday's cartoon, the round-headed "everyman" character who (tediously) populates the (drab and lifeless) cartoon world of "in this corner" listed some uses for a phone books.

1.) Door stop.
2.) (Computer) monitor stand
3.) Charcoal starter
4.) Soak up household spills
5.) Auto blocks
6.) Leaf pressing
7.) Fortify the recycling
8.) And, oh, yeah...phone numbers.

He forgot a good one, though: Highly flammable street barricades for use in civil insurrection against the sons of (expletives) who are killing the earth.

1 comment:

David Steinlicht said...

Johnny,

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for reading!

I'm sorry you don't like "In This Corner" much, but I'm glad you skim it.

--David Steinlicht

http://www.cornercomic.com/