Friday, December 26, 2008

More Dreary Images, 2222 4th St. N., Where A Woman's Body Was Found



Photos By John Hoff

No, I don't really have more info. I just have some images. But check out...

...that couch, missing its cushions. When I look at it hard, I begin to see all kinds of things. But these things may be imaginary. I think I see blood. In fact, I think I see blood in an "arterial spray pattern" on the left side, but that's only visible when the photo is MUCH LARGER than seen above. But what appears to be droplets of blood can be seen on the top of the cushion closest to the viewer, to the left.

But, well...I didn't go to CSI school, so I am, in fact, clueless and I have to draw my limited insights from (good grief) butchering chickens. So that may not be blood at all. It's pretty light. It could be Kool-Aid, I suppose. Um...the authorities should be telling us. They should be releasing information.

The other pictures show...the missing electrical meter and some sad, downtrodden little decoration over the door. Oh, dark little figures driving mysterious shadowy carriage horses, broken in half so the horses run free. Cheerful.

Mahmood, honey, I love it!!!! Let's BUY this place and leave it sit like this forever and ever! Why, we can store our paint can collection in the porch!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Creepy! The way the original story was written up, it didn't sound like the COD was obvious. If there had been arterial spray, it sounds more like they would have called it a probable homicide, even without the ME's report. The comments suggest she was shot but the wound must not have been easily visible or may have been one that could have been self-inflicted so that they want to err on the side of caution. There is one other possibility I can think of--the slow release of information (other than the difficulty of examining the body) is related to the case itself. That they have info on suspects but not enough to arrest and charge and are waiting to release all the info at once when they pounce to avoid people getting their stories straight or blowing town. I actually hope it's that. All speculations on my part, of course.

Johnny Northside said...

Yes, but you're totally INTO the speculation. Some of us are fascinated by this stuff, and usually they read most of the books by Ann Rule. :)

Johnny Northside said...

Regarding the COD and whether it was "obvious," well, it doesn't sound like the reporters had a look at the body, and the police weren't sharing information very much. So everything we heard was filtered through the limited information provided to the reporters.

There could have been a victim who was OBVIOUSLY murdered, but the reporters were only told "Um, we're calling it a suspicious death." And that's what they're going to report.

Beat the drum on your blog, will ya? The authorities need to release the info about this incident or, if not all the info, they could tell us SOMETHING.

Margaret said...

I am not a police procedural type book fan. I just read every MPD press release that comes out and there is a unique language to them. If they can mention an apparent COD they usually do. This one was just odd. The press reports were straight off the press release.

Not trying to beat any drums, just following the story. I think it's good that this story is being followed. In a lot of cities, this would just be one more Jane Doe. It says good things about Minneapolis and the neighborhood that there is interest in the case.

Johnny Northside said...

The situation is developing rapidly. I have new info but can't share it right now.

However, due to the new info...I'm guessing there will be no need to "beat the drum." This story isn't going to fade away.

If the stuff I'm being told is true--and I strongly suspect it is--this story is going to preoccupy the media next week.

And it's going to be ugly.