Friday, September 25, 2009

Uncle Lennie's Video Montage!


Guest post and photo by the Hawthorne Hawkman

The Hawthorne Hawkman swooped by Uncle Lennie's throughout the day to get video footage of its timely demise. While the demolition took most of the day, it was captured in a montage... 

Since I'm new to the blog, embedding video from youtube is a skill I have yet to master. So I will be posting links to the youtube videos instead of uploading or embedding them.

First, Here is a link to the demolition in its early stages. It's almost as if the structure WANTS to come down. The backhoe is tearing through this like a hot knife through butter, like a machete through Wonder Bread, like a lawn mower through - well, you get the picture.

In this video, we see the backhoe about to pick up the infamous mattress.

Being a pastor's kid, I watched how easily the walls came down, and I thought of the story of Jericho. Except this time, the neighbors spent six years (or more) circling the property, and instead of blowing on a ram's horn they called 911 incessantly. Today rang the clarion call of revitalization, and the Uncle Lennie's couldn't stand in the way.


Chimney. Down. Faster than I could turn my camera on.


More unstoppable progress...

Stay tuned for the final video of the last wall coming down!

No comments: