Saturday, November 22, 2008

No Demolition For 3023 4th Street North!

Photo By John Hoff

During my Hawthorne Housing Committee recap, I mentioned how there was hope PPL would rehab rather than demolish 3023 4th St. N. Well, it's official...

Kevin Gulden tells me in an email dated November 17 that "PPL will not be demolishing this house. We have recently completed a detailed scope of work on how we plan to renovate the property. We plan to present the scope at the December Housing Committee Meeting for review. The project will then go out to bid with work likely starting in January."

Kevin adds, "The house will be sold to a new family. It will have 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Anyone interested should contact me (Kevin Gulden) at PPL."

It's nice to see one of the houses saved rather than demolished.

Then again...demolition is fun, too. Progress is being made in the Hawthorne Neighborhood in so many ways, and this is more of it.

(I didn't have a suitable photo to illustrate this blog entry...so I went with some flowers in the Polish lady's garden which are the same color as The Backhoe Of Doom)

No comments: