Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Can Nothing Stop The Bulldozers Of Doom?!!!!

Photo By "Kevin"

So much for "this house needs a good home." Here's 2123 6th St. N. going down. These days, the Hawthorne Neighborhood looks like a sequel to the movie "Transformers." CAN NOTHING STOP THE BULLDOZERS OF DOOM?!!

OK, technically it's a "backhoe."

CAN NOTHING STOP THE BACKHOES OF DOOM?!!!!!

OK, wait a minute...some of us are actually cheering the bulldozers of doom. But, honestly, I thought THIS ONE could have been saved.

It was owned--according to the most recent, not-very-trustworthy information, by Jay R. Petsche of Lonsdale. Some information which turned up on the internet leads me to believe he is a real estate agent. He owns another home in North Minneapolis, as well.

Owner Names Are Suddenly...SEARCHABLE?!!!

Here's something that really gives me a kick...when I searched Petsche's name, two Google entries led me back to the City of Minneapolis property info website. I've never had that happen before. Oh, sure, I've turned up PDF files of houses with lots of back taxes...but something seems to have changed.

On the one hand, it's ungainly and awkward that I can't just search the City of Minneapolis website by name of owner.

But if I can search Google by name of owner, and find all the entries on the City of Minneapolis website...that's almsot as good! I think I'll try some of my favorites right now, like stripper Irene Thomas of St. Cloud, who was the straw buyer for Universal Mortgage. Weeeeeee.

Yeah, I'm easy to entertain. Just give me a computer and evidence of mortgage fraud, and I can keep myself happy for hours.

(Do not click "Read More")

9 comments:

Jeanie Hoholik-TwinCityRealEstateChat.com said...

Hey Johnny, Jay's inactive. Check out the status of any Realtor in the state of Minnesota here...

https://www.pulseportal.com/Inquiry/searchEntityForProducerInfoSimple.do?method=initWithoutCleanup&criteriaNextAction=producerInformationSimple&criteriaLastName=Petsche&displayEntityTypes=Y&entityType=IL

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention all is not lost with this property. Bauer Brothers Salvage was out here a couple of weeks ago taking anything of value from the property. I guess they have a contract with the city to do this. In any case, I can't remember everything they had in their truck, but I do remember the bathtub.

Ranty said...

That photo makes me want to cry.

Johnny Northside said...

Kevin: I actually have a picture of that clawfoot bathtub, Kevin. I'll try to remember to post it.

Ranty: It is a bummer, but there are more houses to save, so don't give up.

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

Hey, Johnny, here's a Google tip that might help you with your searching. Preface your search with site:www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us followed by a name. It will limit your results to just the City of Mpls' website. Here's an example with the name you unearthed. Hope this helps!

Johnny Northside said...

Oh, wow, I checked that out and...yummy. That IS yummy.

Ranty said...

BTW the City does NOT have a contract with Bauer Bros.

Ranty said...

Watch this news piece to see how Tom Deegan explicitly states that the City does not do salvage:

http://tinyurl.com/6nhwlz

(But ooooooohhhh... salvaging illegally is THEFT! OMG! Crushing to toothpicks isn't though.)

Johnny Northside said...

I'm not sure what kind of a can of worms has been opened, here, but my blog is a forum--mostly--so please continue to play with your worms.