Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Legendary Graveyard Of Phone Books (Photo One)

Photo by John Hoff

This is in front of "The House That (Almost) Made Me Barf." I shall be rich and famous, for I have discovered the legendary Graveyard of Phone Books.

Or not. If only it were something unique to see a pile of 6 or 7 old phone books, rotting away, but this solid waste problem is all over the North Side.

My friend Dave heard their radio commercial. "Hey, want a great part time job to make some money? Deliver PHONE BOOKS!!!" Dave started laughing hysterically, remembering the videos from Minn Post.

"We're not laughing AT you, John," he said. "We're laughing WITH you."

"(Expletive) if you're weren't laughing AT me when I fell on my (expletive)," I answered. "But that's OK. I'll be a clown. I'm getting the message across."

I say we need a new city ordinance to prevent the delivery of phone books to obviously vacant houses. Clearly, that's not ALL we need. But it's a pretty cost-effective little Band-Aid, I say, and addresses an actual problem.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: