Saturday, October 25, 2008

Coordinated Raids On Thursday?

Photo By John Hoff, Drug Dealers Near 2207 6th St. N.

Word comes by email that right about the time police were raiding 2207 6th St. N., another massive raid was taking place on the 2300 block of Sheridan...

According to second hand info, therefore "word on the street," at about 11:30 AM on Thursday, a citizen was driving through the alley and found himself blocked by a white van. He went into a driveway to allow the white van to pass, but the van didn't move. Instead, it disgorged approximately 15 police in full gear, with machine guns, yelling "Get down, get down, GET DOWN!!!"

The decent people on the North Side are cheering these actions by the police, and hoping for more of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops! That was me in the alley at Sheridan. I posted a comment thinking I was at the first raid you reported. I guess my friend sent me your link because of how similar it was and I took it for being the exact same situation (because it sounded eerily the same). Sorry, I am not familiar enough with the streets up there to realize it was a different location. Good news though is that there was not just one raid but two! And I did take the time to drive through Hawthorne yesterday so now I thoroughly understand where that is. And I will still hold to that I liked your neighborhood a lot!