Saturday, October 4, 2008

Suspended Sentence And Geographic Restriction On Khameron Duvall Lake, The Poop-Dropping Scurge Of The Neighborhood

Source Of Photo Not Revealed; Dealing Drugs On The 3000 Block of 6th St. N.

Word came on Tuesday, September 30 of a suspended sentence and geographic restriction against Khameron Lake who, as it turns out, now has a job doing heaven-knows-what working through a temp outfit for a nationally-known snack food company...

Yes, I have the name of the snack food company...and I'll never be eating their products again for as long as I live, having heard the tales of Khameron's disturbing personal hygiene habits.

However, revealing the name of the company might cost Khameron his job and his chance to be, if not exactly a PRODUCTIVE citizen, at least LESS OF A DRAIN ON SOCIETY.

So I'm keeping the name of the crap-food company under wraps for now. If Khameron Lake comes up to my neighborhood and starts selling drugs, pimping, and/or defecating in the shrubs of neighbors and then wiping his rear end with an endless supply of shirts from the downtown homeless shelter, as in the past, I'll make sure to contact his current or former employer, (in the name of good citizenship) reveal his current or former employer, (in the name of good blogging slash journalism) and/or engage in a creative commentary with considerable attention paid to the particular snack food in question and the kinds of sickening, disturbing imagery which my mind conjures up when I think of Khameron Lake having a job like that.

(The last one in the name of good...well, there is no good reason. I'll do what I have to do to protect my neighborhood from the likes of Khameron, and let the chips fall where they may, or that's how the cookie crumbles, or whatever snack food metaphor is appropriate)

Some or all of those things. No, I don't want to cause a problem for this company who decided--against all the rules of fiscal prudence and common sense--to hire a no-account outdoors-living crackhead and brutal pimp to work a menial job associated with the production of delicious (albeit not particularly NUTRITIOUS) snack food--but my neighborhood comes first, and if that means exposing which company was foolish enough to hire Khameron, so be it. Khameron better STAY THE (EXPLETIVE) AWAY from my neighborhood.

He Also Serves Who Only Sits Around And Waits To Testify

Khameron Lake--who I've seen listed as having "No Middle Name," but who I learned recently might have the middle name of "Duvall"--had a hearing on September 30. A citizen from the neighborhood was called as a witness and dutifully went there. The citizen called me after the hearing and his/her first words were, "I'm madder than a hornet!"

The citizen spent considerable valuable time waiting but then never had a chance to testify. The system allowed Khameron to plead guilty to trespass, while dismissing the drug loitering charge. Here is how the process was explained in an email to the citizen who spent most of his morning waiting to testify:

He pled guilty to trespass (being in a boarded up building--ordinance violation) from April 20, 2008 and the May 18, 2008 loitering case was dismissed. It was a weak case.

For the last several months Khameron Lake has been living in his own apartment somewhere outside of the 4th Precinct. He has also been working through a temp agency for (here, name of the snack food company) in (name of suburb) and is hoping to work there permanently.

Lake has also not been using drugs. If Lake would have to serve jail time, he would have lost his job. If light of the foregoing sentence I agreed to was 90 days stayed for one year on condition of no new similar offenses and also a geographic restriction for Area One (smaller version) of the 4th Precinct modified to be 33rd Ave. N. to 29th Ave. N. and Girard Ave. N. to 4th Street N.

(Signed) Karen S. Herland, Assistant Minneapolis City Attorney

Talking Back To Karen S. Herland, Assistant Minneapolis City Attorney

When, precisely, was anybody in our neighborhood consulted about the particulars of the geographic restriction? Don't you think we know our own neighborhood better than you, and where Khameron goes while in that neighborhood? You had (name of witness) sitting right there in the waiting room all day, couldn't you have asked (him/her)?

Fourth Street is an inadequate eastern border for Khameron's geographic restriction. The current restriction still leaves Khameron Lake an area between 4th and the highway where he can deal drugs, and allows him to approach far too close to his old haunts where he pimps, pushes and trespasses. Khameron has, in fact, been seen in the neighborhood in the last few months. Your assertion Khameron Lake has "not been using drugs" is put forward without any particulars to back it up. I don't believe it and nobody else here does, either.

I don't doubt he's somehow managed to pass one lousy urine test. This just shows urine tests need to be better supervised. When I was an army medic, I had to supervise urine tests of known users, and I'm quite aware of all the ploys--both physical and psychological--which chronic users ruthlessly utilize to try to weasel out of urine tests. I would think somebody in a position like yours, which requires being quite hardboiled and cyncial about human nature, would at least try to CONVINCE ALL OF US Khameron is actually drug-free by citing some evidence to back that up. As it is, the assertion is unbelievable.

If Khameron Lake was sitting in front of your pretty house, every day, yelling out to passing cars and promising he would "break it off for you," dealing crack on the same streets where little children live, you wouldn't be so quick to forgive, either, and coddle this criminal and hug him and make s'mores for him and gently sing "Kumbuya."

I'm fairly confident Khameron Lake only has that menial job at (name of snack food company) in (name of suburb) because he lied like a mother (expletive) to the temp agency to get that job, which likely makes his current employer a victim, too. The system needs to quit turning a blind eye to criminals lying to their employers about being criminals, like Junaid Maalik, the Level 3 Sex Offender who had a commercial driving job and whose employer was shocked--just flipping out, and going crazy to figure out how this happened--when he found out from me and this blog. (Click here for details)

I'm also fairly confident Khameron's current landlord has no idea Khameron is a brutal pimp, a drug dealer and drug user, and currently on probation and geographic restriction, and once again the system is turning a blind eye to this kind of deception. So Khameron's landlord is probably a victim, too. Deny it, Ms. Herland. DENY THAT KHAMERON'S EMPLOYER AND LANDLORD ARE IGNORANT OF HIS CRIMINAL RECORD.

Khameron will probably rip off both his employer and his landlord, and the system (and you, personally, Ms. Herland) will be complicit in allowing this to happen. Within months or a year, Khameron Lake will be pimping and dealing drugs on my block, and I'll be griping about it on this blog.

I'd bet money on it. Large sums, I would wager, because I have seen Khameron's nature close up but you've apparently bought in to his deceptions; his ability to be affable, in a shallow and submissive way, when he is cornered and needs to say how "sorry" he is to avoid doing jail time.

When the day comes I say "I told you so," I'll be quite specific about who I'm telling and why.

North Minneapolis Is Under A "Johnny Northside Restriction"

The system can only restrict Khameron Lake to a small area. But I am restricting him to a larger area. LET THE WORD GO FORTH: If I see Khameron anywhere in the Hawthorne neighborhood, I'm going to contact his employer. And then I'm going contact his landlord, which I'll manage to track down. And I'm going to blog about all of those steps right here, with pictures. I'm going to do these things solely to be a good citizen and to make sure an employer and a landlord are not being deceived by a criminal thug, since it's my perception the justice system is UTTERLY FAILING IN THAT REGARD.

If Khameron Duvall Lake is in Hawthorne, he is surely up to no good, and it becomes pressing to warn the people (employer and landlord) who are vulnerable and depending on Khameron to be law-abiding. But if I don't see Khameron in Hawthorne, well, I can let it go. Because I have other fish to fry.

And, actually, in a perfect world I would be happy to see Khameron living in an apartment and working a suitable (menial) job for the rest of his life. I don't want to do anything to disrupt that. But Khameron "The Shitter" Lake needs to stay out of my neighborhood, and the system is not assisting with that--not even consulting appropriately with the people who KNOW the neighborhood when the system decides Khameron's geographic restrictions.

The Hawthorne Neighborhood runs from Broadway to Lowry, from the mighty Mississipi River to Emerson Avenue North.

This is the area from which Khameron Duvall Lake is hereby restricted.

No comments: