Monday, December 8, 2008

City Councilman Don Samuels On The Front Lines Of The Mortgage Crisis

Flickr.com Photo

I've written previously about the "North Minneapolis ARMs Defense Plan" and the door-knocking to locate subprime mortgage holders who may be in need of financial counseling, click here and also here.

Well, word comes from Hawthorne Housing Director Jeff Skrenes that...

City Councilman Don Samuels recently participated in the door-knocking effort. I have no further details but I have put out feelers for some anecdotes and numbers about the effort, but according to Jeff there are indeed instances of people saying, "Yes, thank you, I realize I need some help and I've been wondering where to get it." When I have more details, I'll post 'em.

In the meantime, I was gratified to see Minneapolis Public Radio used the phrase "ground war" in covering this story, click here for their article.

No comments: