Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Artistic Boarding In Cottage Park Area Of The Jordan Neighborhood (Summer Visitation 2009)


Photos By John Hoff 

As early as March of 2008, I was writing about "artistic boarding" and saying how it was a good idea. Well, more than a year later, with even MORE vacant houses in North Minneapolis...it's still a good idea. But it's not much MORE than a good idea, because very few boarded buildings are anywhere close to being "artistically" boarded. This good idea seems to have taken a permanent place on the back burner.

With such nice weather, and so many drab, gray boards...I think it's time to raise this issue again. A few days ago I was in the Cottage Park area of the Jordan Neighborhood and I snapped these photos of a nice example of artistic boarding.

My son agreed the boards painted to look like a window complete with curtains were "kind of cool."

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: