Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Useful Artifact From The $7,900 House... (Summer Visitation 2009)


Photo By John Hoff

A resident of the Hawthorne Eco Village secures all the stuff in her yard with various kinds of lock-down devices, even the rocking chair on her front porch. (Bottom photo) Though every day we get closer to a new era of Northside neighborhood safety and security, a golden and utopia era when these kind of precautions won't be needed...we're not there quite yet.

(Well, actually we're ALMOST there in the Eco Village, where the drop in crime is nothing short of legendary)

Recently, with an idea to help my friend with securing stuff in her yard, I asked Realtor Connie Nompelis if I could have the "dog screw" from her $7,900 house, which I found in the yard while cleaning up brush but, honestly, I couldn't identify it at first. I wanted to give the item to my friend in the Eco Village, so she could use it to lock down stuff in her yard in a more subtle way, instead of wrapping unsightly chains around a tree.

Nompelis said, yeah, fine. Cool. No problem.

In the photo above, my kid poses with the cork screw-like device in front of the $7,900 house before we delivered it to our friend in the Eco Village.

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: