Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not "Paradise" Pizza, But PAIR OF DICE... (Summer Visitation 2009)





In the Hawthorne Neighborhood, we tend to buy our pizza at Little Caesar's at Hawthorn (sic) Crossings strip mall, where you watch for your lunch with one eye and keep the other eye in the parking lot, where drug dealing takes place constantly. But in the Jordan Neighborhood, they swear by "Pair of Dice" Pizza.

The other day...

...me and a friend went to pick up pizza to eat with my son back at her place. She told me the little building where "Pair of Dice" is located used to be a "Rib King."

When we got back to her house, I told my son the pizza was from "Pair of Dice."

"Paradise?" he asked.

"No," we told him. "Not Paradise. PAIR OF DICE."

The first thing I noticed about their pizza was its imperfect shape. You know pizza is good when it's not perfectly circular, but has the irregular contours of deliciousness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pizza but it is not in the jordan neighborhood

Johnny Northside said...

Yes, well, I said the folks in Jordan "swear by it." I never said it was IN Jordan!

Anonymous said...

I live in Jordan and swear by Pair of Dice Pizza! The pizza is good and the rib tips are yummy too. The delivery folks are always timely and super friendly!!!

The Goddess of Glass said...

And before Rib King, it was the a Dairy Queen. Broadway Station also makes a decent pizza but they don't deliver.

So this is a good place to put in a plug for the drivers -- maybe those of us who actually PAY for the deliveries we send for might tip a little something extra to help make up for the ones who don't pay.