Thursday, June 25, 2009

More Images Of The Lowry Bridge Implosion... (Summer Visitation 2009)










Here are a few more images of the Fathers Day bridge implosion I wanted to share...

In the top photo, some spectator made a little boat out of a piece of wood and a feather, and sent it floating down the river. In the next image, workers at the scrapyard wait and watch for the bridge implosion.

In the third photo, a Hennepin County Sheriff's Department vessel, patrolling the river. There were many boats with spectators, including what appeared to be rented canoes, next photo.

In the next photo, my son holds shells found along the river. The next image captures some of the litter which was, well, everywhere. You really have to wonder why snack food companies don't use biodegradable bags made of corn starch polymer, but I guess the people who make Cheetos just don't give a rip about the environment. I picked up a few pieces of litter, but found myself wishing I'd brought a bag, so I could make myself productive while waiting for the demolition.

The last two pictures show my son right after the demolition. The demolition was VERY COOL.

No comments: