Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stayin' Alive with Jiggity Jake McJackson at The Lowry Cafe


Video and blog post by Nomi Passenger

The other night I was invited to The Lowry Cafe for their second week of live music on Wednesday nights. One of the wait staff, Jake, is quite the musician with some impressive credentials and puts on a good show. It's amazing what entertainment can be created by just a dude on a stool with a guitar and a beer.

I asked him to play his favorite song but I wasn't prepared with the camera, probably because I was too busy drinking wine and talking with friends. So here's a delayed start to the recording but a fun song none the less.

Jake's got all kinds of sites for promoting his music and word is he is out playing live somewhere just about 8 nights a week, quite the ham he is. Check out his myspace page here or his facebook page here. He's also got his own blog here.

If I remember correctly, I think he said he lives northside, but the wine might be interfering with my memory. Jake, are you out there? Do you live over north?

Jake will be playing each Wednesday night from 6 to 9. If you go for dinner and some live music, bring a request, if he doesn't know it, he'll learn it for the next week.

Here's a couple more songs.





(Do Not Click "Read More")

No comments: