Saturday, January 24, 2015

Kenneth Matthew Banks Claimed Cat He Stomped To Death Was Just Sleeping, Allegedly...

Public domain image, "Cat of Kazan," blog post by
John Hoff

Click here for the criminal complaint. 

Only a story about a murdered human being gets my attention faster than a report of animal mistreatment, but in this case the accused is apparently mentally ill...



When I was looking at the jail roster and saw Kenneth Banks of 5812 Lyndale Ave. South was accused of maiming, torturing, etc of some animal, at first I thought I might turn up another pit bull story. But thankfully, no dog fighting ring was broken up in South Minneapolis. Turns out this is just a run-of-the-mill "crazy man stomps a cat to death," allegedly. 

But, I say, why waste a perfectly good criminal complaint? 

Yes, especially when I made a foray out of my own neighborhood into SOUTH Minneapolis. 

1 comment:

Sue said...

Very interesting that he was arrested and held on bond for such a crime. I'd bet there is much more to this story - animal abuse often goes hand in hand with spousal or other abuse as well...Plus looking up the address it shows "Re-Entry House, Hennepin Country Hsg & Redev. Auth."...sounds like a halfway house. I recognize the building from frequent trips to that area - a not very nice looking apartment building.