Monday, June 9, 2014

What New York Did With Gang Members And Facebook, Well, Minneapolis Needs To Do THAT The Same Way...


I don't even have time to look for a suitable stock photo but GOD BLESS
AMERICA is always in style, blog post by John Hoff

There are times this blogger gets busy and there are times I get CRAZY busy. So when I know I can't churn out a lot of content, I have to make something count. And I know for a fact elected leaders read this blog because they tell me so all the time and approach me with Godfather voices, "Johnny...I need you to do  me a favor." 

OK, I'm kidding...

About the Godfather voice. 

So please, public officials, police, district attorneys and all those who have influence. Read this amazing story below. Read what New York did, charging 103 alleged gang members over stuff they posted on Facebook:



Minneapolis needs to grab and apply this idea wholesale. Yes, certainly there are some glaring differences between gang activity here and in New York. For example, some of our local gangs like to wear Minnesota Gophers apparel. 

But I'm guessing any differences preventing a tight, successful, on point application of this idea in Minnesota can be ironed out. 

Read the article. Read it and have hope. There are people who have not thrown up their hands and surrendered. There are people determined to take back our neighborhoods and win the war against gangs. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! They could even do a hotline for parents to report concern over gang involvement, turn in passwords and all. No different than trolling Craigslist for chester molesters, they do that all the time.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure MPD is totally up to speed. Haven't you heard about their new MySpace unit?

Anonymous said...

Crack down on these fucks relentlessly and do what it takes. you da man john and I love what you do and the fact you even give a fuck should make people content.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what's going through a lot of these younger peoples' heads. Everywhere I see PUBLIC posts asking who has weed they can buy, advertising percocet and codeine for sale, etc. And these people are making these posts viewable by the entire WORLD of facebook; not even setting the privacy to reach only their friends. Do they not understand the consequences of memorializing their illegal activity, or do they just not care?

Anonymous said...

And how many are making their deals at the Library while Security just looks away??