Friday, July 25, 2008

"Anything You Want, Five Bucks"


Photo by John Hoff

A couple weeks ago, the stuff which was inside of 3101 6th Street North ("The Apartment Complex of Anarchy") appeared in the parking lot next to the building. The neighbor I call "Patty Cake" was walking by, and a guy next to the stuff said, "Anything you want, five bucks."

"So," I said to Patty, "I guess in a sense nothing at all has changed at that address. You can still get anything you want for five bucks."

A few days later, I called police about a trespasser at the house next door. He was sitting between the house and a retaining wall, trespassing, openly drinking liquor. He seemed to be waiting for people to happen by and examine the stuff in the parking lot, so he could jump out and say, "Anything you want, five bucks."

I doubt very much if he had any actual legal interest in the property at all. Or maybe it was just a guy sitting there drinking and I'm assuming too much. In any case, I saw the police take him into custody. The stuff in the parking lot disappeared a few days ago, and we sit around waiting for the next shoe to drop at "The Apartment Complex of Anarchy."

(Do not click "Read More")

No comments: