Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Landfill Starter Kit" Behind 3119 4th Street North (Photo Two)


Photo by John Hoff

I went by there yesterday with Jake and Gabe to document the mess. We found bottles of pills from somebody named Tequila Price, (seriously) and the worst report card I have ever seen in my life. Oh, and an overdue electric bill in excess of $1,000. Jake said the place was "depressing."

It's so hard to capture the rolling hill and panoramic vista. All the stuff in the first photo (below) is behind the stuff in this photo, which is taken from higher up on the slope.

(Do not click "Read More")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JONNIE,
I just had to write you again to Thank you again for the wonderful work you are doing for that blighted neighborhood. My sister is Patty Cake. I can't wait to see everyone with gardens again and everyone knowing something about everyone and the disrespectful low life's move on or learn how to respect property & their neighbors. You are a blessing. This was a area that was just forgotten as well as the owner-occupied homes. These were nice homes that were destroyed by renters who did not care about anything to include working a real job. More women need to believe in themselves, that they can buy a home and renovate it. I have bought, remodeled and sold or rented 8 properties and ran my business at the same time. Make your time count. To the women who are thinking about purchasing a foreclosure, there is plenty of help out there & many books you can read. Just make sure you have patients and plan out as much as you can in advance but there will be problems, there always is and don't give up. I would be happy to give some free advice to anyone who is interested. May God Bless and keep Ya'll safe. I will continue to monitor the ADVENTURES OF JONNIE NORTHSIDE. I know you heard part of this before but I thought it needed to be repeated.
Pat from Dallas