Tuesday, December 23, 2008

EXCLUSIVE BREAKING NEWS: Hennepin County Sheriff's Department Serves Search Warrant On The 2200 Block Of Bryant Ave. N.

Flickr.com Photo, Album By The Band "Warrant"
(Sorry, I didn't have a good illustration)


At least four or five vehicles descended on a house on the 2200 block of Bryant Ave. N., on the odd side of the street. Most of the vehicles were unmarked cars. I heard there was at least one marked vehicle but didn't see it myself.

The specific house number will follow when I have it. It's dark and cold and I can't hang around for it just this minute. I'm operating under less-than-ideal blogging conditions, here, but I'm back from family and back in the game.

The warrant was served by Hennepin County police, most of which appeared to be undercover due to lack of uniforms and marked cars. Numerous brown paper bags were observed being brought out of the house and placed in the trunk of a vehicle, apparently evidence. One officer requested that I not photograph his vehicle or face, and I honored that request.

The officers would not say if the warrant was for drugs but did confirm, when asked, that they got what they "needed."

Note: This blog entry was updated with an illustration and musical links on Dec. 25.

(Do not click "Read More")

2 comments:

1915bung said...

Hi Johnny,

I love your blog! Great stuff. I live in the Jordon Neighborhood and have made a few posts myself. You obviously love this city and it shows. I would like to forward a little advice which may seem trivial, but has a profound effect on the message you are trying to convey.

Please think about this- You consistently identify problems and concerns by referring to the specific house or structure where the problem exists. That is good because what you are trying to do is put the activity at that location under scrutiny.

However, North Minneapolis has a long and rich history. The activities taking place today are the result of cyclical economic demographics and poor city planning. There are many great residents working very hard to turn the community around. In the future, the classic homes of the North Side will have new tenants who appreciate this community for the many assets it has.

Please try to preface your comments with the proper identification of where to problems lay. The OWNERS of XXX or the TENANTS of XXX.

The reason I say this is that to identify the geographical location of the problem creates a stigma that will remain with the public long after the initiating individuals are gone.

Your intent is divine, but in practice you are hurting the community and attracting more of the same type of individuals who think that their negative activities can be obscured by the fact that this location is inherently bad.

Johnny Northside said...

Well, I hear you, but I don't entirely buy that.

The reason I don't print the name of the property owner in this instance is because they have a chance to resolve the problems at this property. If they don't, yes, I'll print their name.

I don't want to say something like "the 2200 block of Bryant" and paint the whole block with a brush. I prefer to be specific. I print the truth, and the truth is specific.

If anything, I would print the name of the property owner AND the specific property in question. But, hey, maybe it's time for somebody to give the property owner another call and see what he says. I'll see if I have more info on that.