Monday, December 8, 2008

CROSSING THE FINISH LINE! 3306 James Ave. N., A Former "T.J. Waconia House" Just Hit The Market

Flickr.com Photo

Word comes by email from real estate agent Jeanie Hoholik that 3306 James St. N., about which I have written quite a bit, click here, and also here, just got listed on the MLS...

Jeanie really outdid herself with the listing, slapping up TEN IMAGES of the house. While I was at Jeanie's office, I watched some video "virtual real estate tours" which have appeared on YouTube. I guess this is a new marketing thing, putting virtual tours on YouTube. If I learn of any virtual tours in Hawthorne, I'll try to put a sample on my blog or, well, ya'll are free to chime in on the comments thread and even post links.

"Sell, sell, sell," I say, as well as "buy, buy, buy." Our neighborhood is turning around rapidly, and much of the change is being driven by real estate agents like Jeanie.

There was a slight delay in listing 3306 James St. N. due to getting the oak flooring just perfect, and the extra effort shows in the MLS pictures. The house is currently listed at $139,000. I think the perfect buyer would be somebody working for the Minneapolis Fire Department, due to its proximity to an MFD training facility.

Jennifer The Flipper (not to be confused with Jeanie, Jennifer's real estate agent) has reportedly signed purchase agreements on two more North Minneapolis properties. Will she revitalize North Minneapolis ALL BY HERSELF?

Stay tuned to Johnnynorthside.com to find out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post, Johnny! We already had one showing this weekend, even in the snow! People really are out there buying homes. With the $4,000 grant from the Folwell Neighborhood and the $7,500 first time home buyer credit, it makes it very affordable to buy a nice home!

cfors said...

I just saw this house! It is so nice! I am waiting to hear on a short sale but I could so see myself living there.