Sunday, December 14, 2008

Going All "Johnny Northside" On 3020 4th St. N.

Photo By A Citizen Volunteer

The Hawthorne Neighborhood's newest blogger is trying to put me out of business...

Her third blog post read like something I would have written. She was cruising around in the Eco Village (far from her own house, actually, hardly "minding her own business") and saw 3020 6th St. N. was unsecured.

So she made a report to 311. And then she blogged about it, click here. Please note how she has embraced the rule that "every post must have a photo, to capture reader interest."

Of course, no blogger anywhere in North Minneapolis has ever kept up with Johnny Northside Rule No. 1:

Content, content, content. Pour on the posts. Never let up. Information is power, and I'm going to empower our whole neighborhood until I fall asleep with my face on the keyboard, and look in the mirror to see the word "QWERTY" pressed into my forehead, but when I wake up, I'll wake up in Urban Utopia.

Of course, if you really want to "go Johnny Northside" on a place...it takes a hammer and nails.

Gee, I wonder how long before the powers-that-be get this house secured?

I'm counting.

3 comments:

That's it, you gone and done it! said...

I am not trying to put you out of business. I love your blogs and I love to blog, the difference between you and me is that I am more "Ghetto Fabulous" and you are so ARTICULATE. If I miss something then you get it, and well I think that we could make a good team. Especially if we come at em from all ends. I can always pull back and stop, because if anything I am sure people prefer Johnny Northside over anything I could ever write.

Johnny Northside said...

Oh, Babee, I was just kidding about you putting my out of business, of course. In fact, I wish there were 20 people blogging and "trying to put me out of business" in North Minneapolis.

That's it, you gone and done it! said...

Thats good to hear. However, more on this house I just reposted on it, an well, there is still no boards on it. I am concerned cause when I dropped my kids off at school there was some skinny black males walking out of the property. I called 311 and they said that "it was all ready secured" This was today.