Friday, April 30, 2010

Police Action On Washington Ave. N. Today...

Photo by Jeff Skrenes, blog post by John Hoff

I have a report from Jeff Skrenes ("The Hawthorne Hawkman") of some major police action on Washington Ave. N., just north of 26th Ave. N. There are only police cars present--including cops on motorcycles--and no ambulances. It looks like some kind of raid or bust, not an accident.

Jeff took the picture above a short while ago, apparently with a zoom setting shot through a chain link fence. A couple of suspects are visible seated on the ground, and the on the right is wearing what appears to be a red stocking cap. (I tell you, so often when somebody is spotted openly dealing on a street corner in North Minneapolis, there is a red hat or a red garment involved. I'm just saying)

So far, we have no further information about this police incident, but God Bless The Fourth Precinct.

(Blogging from Erwin, Tennessee)

(Do not click "Read More")

12 comments:

Red Hat Jones said...

The next time can we get a shot ABOVE the fence please. I mean this is the #1 blog in Minneapolis right? Sheeesh!

Johnny Northside said...

That photo was shot from an upstairs window. He did what he could with what he had. It's grassroots media, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Jones,

Does your red hat have anything to do with your affiliation with a certain street gang?

emma. said...

My husband just asked "So does this mean I shouldn't wear my red stocking cap anymore?"

Jeff Skrenes said...

Actually, I sent about 8 photos to John for him to use (not that he had to use all 8). The one shown here was shot from the middle of a highway overpass. No WAY am I climbing on to the top of the fence for an unobstructed view here - especially as a volunteer grassroots media effort.

Anonymous said...

You need to get that insurance.

Jeff Skrenes said...

What I really should have done is used my Hawkman wings to fly up to a better vantage point. Unfortunately, my harness and wings were at the dry cleaners. Do you have any idea how hard it is to wash tobasco sauce out of nth metal?

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't go wearing a red hat unless I had business doing so.

Johnny Northside said...

Like if you're one of Santa's helpers, pharmacy division.

Anonymous said...

ROBPER
16XX Dowling Ave N Wednesday 4/28/10 2018 hrs 10-118541
V1/BF, 18 yrs, was in Folwell Park when unknown S1/BM, 20-25 yrs, wearing a red hat, white t-shirt, blue shorts, with a tall, muscular build, came up behind her & put a gun at her back. V1 turned & observed S1 pointing a gun at her. S1 demanded V1’s purse & money. V1 complied. S1 then fled the park. No injuries. It should be noted that others observed a party completely matching the suspect’s description, in the park earlier that night.

MeganG. said...

It doesn't appear that the robbery of a person incident that anonymous posted is actually the police action that was on Washington. The dates/times don't match up.

Anonymous said...

I think the inference was in regards to why you shouldn't be wearing a red hat in NOMI unless you are a member of a certain group.