Friday, April 9, 2010

Not Just Because He's A Great Sheriff, But Also Because I Love Irony...Johnny Northside Blog Endorses Richard Stanek For Sheriff!



Blog post by John Hoff, video by Goodponyz

In the video above, shot by Jordan Neighborhood "Super Citizen" Megan Goodmundson, Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek addresses the Hennepin County District 2 DFL delegates a couple weeks ago. Stanek will seeking reelection for Sheriff in 2010 and came to the convention to visit with the delegates and ask for their support in November 2010. This is a very experienced law enforcement official and he has lead the Hennepin County Sheriffs Office well. We need to return him in November 2010.

For all these reasons, Johnny Northside blog officially endorses Rich Stanek for sheriff. I might also add that...

WORD ON THE STREET is Stanek's office has a very sensible policy about serving legal paperwork. Deputies will try a couple times, but then after that the paperwork gets tossed back to the court system. The plaintiff is left to find their own process server, which they will probably have to pay.

I must say, I think this is a sensible and fiscally-prudent policy. Another good reason to vote for Rich Stanek! I hope to one day meet this man and shake his hand.

8 comments:

Danni said...

I think Stanek can do a lot to help us stop the ridiculous "stop snitching" movement.

Anonymous said...

JNS, I agree with you on most things. This is one I do not.

Anonymous said...

"WORD ON THE STREET" is that you're going to be meeting him a lot sooner than you think.

Anonymous said...

I think you are kissing up to attempt to mitigate some future problems.

Jane said...

I'm not sure what can be done about the stop snitching movement at this time. They are very popular and powerful in nomi. I saw another one of those stop snitching stop signs yesterday. I wonder how much it costs the city to take the sticker off. It can't be cheap. Thank heavens we have 311 so we can report this right away.

Johnny Northside said...

"Jane,"

I don't really believe you are a true voice opposed to the "Stop Snitching" movement. I think you're trying to weasel in statements about the movement being "popular" (it isn't) and if anybody put that sticker there, well, let's just say....

What is the 311 reference number on that call you say you made? Just wondering.

MeganG. said...

@Jane - interesting! What stop sign was it? Around what general area? I'd like to ride by there and snap a picture of it so we can start documenting this.

Thanks!

Johnny Northside said...

Based on driving around in that area an hour ago...

There is no such stop sign.