Friday, April 16, 2010

422 30th Ave N is Safe Once More!


Post and photo by the Hawthorne Hawkman

Well that was fast. John and I found out about the raze order on 422 30th Ave N on the same day. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep him from blogging about it, so I went to work talking to our friends at the city of Minneapolis. The INSTANT I began reading the post John had written, I got a call informing me that the property will be taken off the demo list.

Whew! The "brick house" is safe again.

(Do not click "Read More," but do keep an eye on this house!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To those of us late to the game, what are the particulars of this house that you think warrant keeping it off the raze list?

Jeff Skrenes said...

The big appeal is the house's unique exterior. There just aren't many like it in Hawthorne, or NoMi for that matter. The house is pretty much a shell and most everything needs to be replaced. But it's a shell that appears to be in fine shape, and in that case one of our developers said, "We like shells."

Johnny Northside! said...

Oh, my word. I went and saw "How To Train Your Dragon" with my son Alex...I come back and the house is saved.

Nice. Very nice.

I think I better keep blogging about L3SOs being concentrated in NoMi and doing something about that, if this kind of good luck is going to persist.

Quick, all the contributing bloggers. BLOG SOMETHING. It's make a wish and get instant results day on Johnny Northside Dot Com!

General Disarray said...

needs a new garage!

M. Clinton said...

@ John - LOL You crack me up!