Monday, February 21, 2011

NoMi Bus Stop Bouquet Is Now Complete!

Photo and blog post by John Hoff

This blog previously reported the installation of some spectacular bus stop art near the Five Points Building, but at that time not all the metal blooms were in place. In the midst of today's snow storm, I drove by and noticed the final flowers have been put in place and the installation appears complete.

This distinctive bus stop seems destined to become a NoMi landmark. To those who find it too gaudy, too busy, too SOMETHING I say:

Give it time. You'll find it grows on you.

(Do Not Click "Read More")

6 comments:

NoMi Passenger said...

"Give it time. You'll find it grows on you."

Get it? Flowers. Grows on you...

They've already grown on me. I find them bright, colorful and cheerful.

I saw their tropical leaf cousins in St Paul on University Ave.

Anonymous said...

What a waste. They could of paid you some money you broke hoe.

Julie said...

Whimsical. I like it.

Anonymous said...

It looks nice but how much did it cost? I like things that look nice but spending money on things that look nice but provide no utility seems like a bad idea when roads need work and schools are closing due to lack of funds.

Anonymous said...

I'm not positive because I dropped out of the review process last February, but I believe there will be more added to this site in the with landscaping. It's going to be quite a nice addition to this intersectio when it's all finished.

Johnny Northside! said...

Word is the flowers are going to light up at night. I can hardly wait to see that, if it's true!