Saturday, February 28, 2009

Progress At Hawthorn Crossings, Kind Of


Today I was at Hawthorn (Sic) Crossings, the open air drug market with a sideline as a strip mall. But...

...on this particular morning, no drug sales of any kind were taking place. A squad car was sitting in plain sight, which chilled all the hanging around, let along the free lance pharmaceutical wheeling and dealing.

It's too bad the squad car can't be there all the time, but would that be an efficient use of police resources? No, probably not. Clearly, the management company that owns the strip mall should be hiring private security and cracking down.

And know this: Hawthorn Crossings is now my special blog bitch. I will write about this place unceasingly, I will publish pictures, I will write firsthand accounts, I will publish commentary until something goes POP!!!! and the management company does something decisive and permanent about the blatant drug dealing and drug loitering in the parking lot.

I do not lay responsibility at the feet of the overworked 4th Precinct, though I've said before they should all switch to unmarked cars to catch more criminals. No, this strip mall is a money-making venture and those drug dealers are buying plenty of chicken McNuggets. This is the fault of the strip mall management company, and the fault of the individual businesses for (so it would appear) not complaining loudly enough about what is allowed to take place in the parking lot.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you went too early you simply beat them outside. Work shifts don't typically start til noon at the earliest. LOL

Anonymous said...

This would be a good candidate for one of my favorite websites, "Dumpy Strip Malls". Check it out at http://dumpystripmalls.wordpress.com/