Thursday, March 7, 2013

Leroy Deandre Gilliam Held On Half A Million Dollars Bail Over Charges Of Sexual Contact With A Child Under 13 (THIS IS NOT NORTH MINNEAPOLIS RELATED)

Creative stock photo, Hancock County, Mississippi, 
blog post by John Hoff

An email came to my inbox that had the quality of a scream in the night, and this is what it said...

-------------------
Please find out the info on Leroy Deandre Gilliam.   He's currently being held in the Hennepin County Jail.    They arrested him in Mississippi about a month ago on a 1st degree sexual assault of a child under 13 years old that happened in 1996.    He claims his innocence and doesn't even know who the person is.  Of course the victim is an adult now and the county attorney just filed in January 2013.  Is there a statue of limitations?   If you can get the complaint, please post it.
-----------------

I went to the jail roster to find out if there was anything factual to back up these assertions. Sure enough, there is a Leroy Deandre Gilliam (DOB 3/19/64) locked up right now. He was arrested on February 2. He has a hearing of some kind on March 15. He is being held for a warrant on charges of Criminal Sexual Conduct, First Degree, Penetration or Contact Under 13, Injury/Use Force/Coerce.

His bail is HALF A MILLION DOLLARS. 

Plus another $300 for some kind of minor charge in Scott County, Minnesota. I am willing to bet that Mr. Gilliam has the $300.

Gilliam's last reported address was 868 James Avenue in St. Paul, Minnesota. This puts him far outside the kind of thing I report on normally, but can I stop myself from answering a desperate cry in the night?

Clearly, this time, no.

So I am seeking more info to nail down exactly who this guy is. I am undecided whether I would publish the criminal complaint, if I can even get it, but I'm trying to obtain it. Of course, a criminal complaint from Mississippi may not prove so easy to obtain. 

9 comments:

Johnny Northside! said...

This Leroy Gilliam is the right age but not knowing his birthday I can't confirm it. The county in Mississippi is DeSoto.

http://www.justmugshots.com/mississippi/desoto-county/9651763

Anonymous said...

First thing is the Hennepin Sheriff's
Jail Roster shows an individual in custody with the name: GILLIAM, LEROY .DANDRE Date of Birth: 3/19/1964.

Check out MNCIS for GILLIAM, LEROY DANDRE,
( DOB 03/19/1964) and you will find two case records for that name, and the same page shows two case records for a GILLIAM, LEROY DANDRE, III ( DOB 03/19/1964) and a case for GILLIAM, LEROY D'ANDRE (DOB 03/19/1964).

All possibly the same individual.

Anonymous said...

Also "2013003802 GILLIAM, LEROY.DANDRE 3/19/1964 868 JAMES AVE, ST PAUL, MN 2/12/2013.15:25" on JNS Jail Roster: http://adventuresofjohnnynorthside.blogspot.com/2013/03/jns-blog-pay-day-jail-roster-january-24.html

Anonymous said...

So is he charged in MN or MS? This post is not clear. Get your facts in order before posting something defamatory like this.

Johnny Northside! said...

There's nothing defamatory written in this article or this comment.

Such facts as I have are published, such facts as I do not have are stated in such a way as to express uncertainty. When I have more information, I will share it. In the meantime, a guy with the same name and the right age in a county in Mississippi, well, that's worth sharing along with the caveat it's not certain. So trolls can take a long walk off a short dock into an icy fjord in Norway.

Johnny Northside! said...

To the person posting the jail roster info. Yes, and please note the spelling variation with the middle name. Who has it right? The jail roster? Or the person who emailed me? Unknown at this time.

Johnny Northside! said...

This is what I'm being told by email about where the crime happened.
---------
The crime happened here in minneapolis in 1996. He came up here I believe in 1995 or 96 with someone I know & stayed I believe til 2000 or so.
--------------

Unknown said...

I have your answers.....he is my ex fiancee

Johnny Northside! said...

Email me again using the same email address you used before. If you have something you want to tell the world through this blog, well, I am interested.