Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Out Of Seven Is Pretty Good! A "Turd Burglar" Update...

Photo by John Hoff, cleanup after Thanksgiving Day "Turd
Burglary," blog post by John Hoff

I received a little email update about the seven youth arrested in a Thanksgiving Day "turd burglary" on Hillside Ave. N. I already had word of some plea bargains, but now word is five of the seven accused burglars have already pled guilty.

Here is the update I received, word for word...

As you may know, a couple of us were subpoenaed by the county attorney's office for a trial on February 26, 2013. That trial did not happen because DIAMONTE LATRELL MORRIS pled guilty to the burglary charges. Sadly, I was informed that he was on probation at the time he committed this particular felonious act, and the county attorney's office was "familiar" with his past.

In the event you are keeping count, that would make five of the seven "turd burglars" to have pled guilty or accepted some form of an agreement from the county attorney's office. I still have one subpoena for trial in March, and I was told that I may get another subpoena for the last trial. Based on how I understand this case to have resolved (the co-burglars already took a deal and were prepared to testify against Mr. Morris) I would suspect that it is only a matter of time before the other two remaining burglars admit their guilt and take responsibility for victimizing our neighborhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Turd Burglars" aka Payday Burglars.

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is if prosecutors are planning to let these armed burglars walk, with just another slap on the wrist? The overall plan seems to be to just keep catching and releasing these thugs until they kill someone. By that time, they have rap sheets a mile long, each plea bargain a missed opportunity to protect decent people from these scumbags.