Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Details About The Appeal Filed In David Bicking, Michelle Gross v. Donald Bellfield, The "Fatally Flawed" Defamation Case Against The Former CRA Chair...

Creative stock photo, blog post by John Hoff

As I blogged some days ago, word reaches me of an appeal being filed in the lawsuit filed by Dave Bicking and Michelle Gross against former CRA Chair Donald Bellfield, click here for previous coverage. The original lawsuit concerned alleged "defamation" against anti-police crazy Dave Bicking and his equally loony friend Michelle Gross, and that lawsuit stood about as much chance of succeeding as these ducks, pictured above, have of flying south this winter.

Naturally, the lawsuit was filed by Jill Clark, who is now facing disciplinary proceedings. But this appeal is being handled pro se. Here is a link to a document about the filing of the appeal, click here. Interestingly, on MNCIS it's noted the filing fee was paid by "Communities United Against Police." I'm sure that's a truncated version of "Communities United Against Police Brutality, Minneapolis," but all the same it does provide a kind of "accidental editorial comment" by the MNCIS system.

And here I thought MNCIS was clunky, cryptic and frustrating. Who knew MNCIS had a sense of humor? My eyes have been opened.

I do not have information about what the Bicking appeal concerns but if I had to take a guess, it's probably about expenses and lawyer fees to be paid to the prevailing side. I will make more documents available in this matter if and when I receive them.

No comments: