Saturday, July 26, 2014

Judicial Candidate Brian Hagerty Gets Endorsement Of Blong Yang, Fifth Ward City Council Member, Also Gets The Endorsement Of Johnny Northside...

Photo from website of judicial candidate Brian Hagerty, permission to
use assumed in this context, otherwise First Amendment Fair Comment
and Criticism, and (parody font) "fuzzy skyline in background" exception
to copyright, blog post by John Hoff

Brian Hagerty, pictured above, is one of seven candidates running to replace Honorable Judge Janet Poston in Hennepin County. The primary is August 12 and at that time the field of candidates will be narrowed to two. At one time Hagerty was a clerk for Honorable Judge Patrick Schiltz in federal court. 

It was while clerking that Hagerty came to know this blog, the Adventures of Johnny Northside. (We are, indeed, the secret sinful indulgence of many in the city government and the local court systems!) 

Now Hagerty has contacted me by email and pointed out he has the endorsement of Blong Yang, the...

...Fifth Ward City Councilman who replaced Don Samuels.

Though this blog supported another candidate, Ian Alexander, I've always felt positive about Blong and I see him as the kind of "law and order" person we need on the council. 

Especially right now. Dear Lord. 

So if Blong Yang likes Hagerty, and Hagerty reads this blog and takes the trouble to contact me, that's good enough for me, though I did go to the trouble of checking out his websites to see if my gut instinct seemed right.

But here. Check the man out for yourself. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't vote for him. You're a Oklahoma resident, and have legally lost your residency in Minnesota.

Johnny Northside! said...

Nah, I think I'm going to drive down and vote for him at City Hall in the very near future, and also for Don Samuels for school board.

I'll drop a little non-controversial "get out and vote" blog post when I do. Watch for that. I will probably take pictures and everything.