Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Belated Shout Out To Tootie's On Lowry And Their "New" Menu...


Photos and blog post by John Hoff

It was back in the spring of this year that Tootie's on Lowry rolled out a new menu. They have old favorites, new favorites, only slightly different prices.

Whenever I go to a restaurant I end up taking pictures of my food. Even if I'm not going to blog about the restaurant, who knows? Maybe I will be the first to upload an image of their cuisine on Google. I don't know why that excites me so much, but it does. It's like terra incognito, out there, with opportunities abounding to write the first review, take the first picture of various establishments.

But when I went to Tootie's some months ago, I really and truly intended to write about their new menu on my blog...not just Google.

But I got busy, what with being deployed to Afghanistan and all.

Pictured above...


...is their excellent ruben and fries, as well as their roast beef and mashed potatoes, smothered in gravy.

So much better than what I had tonight--Mexican rice from an MRE, warmed up with a chemical heater in a cold downpour of Afghan rain.

Oh. Oh. Look at that gravy.

Please, my dear readers.

Go enjoy Tootie's for those of us who can't.

No comments: