Monday, January 12, 2009

Tough Economy Impacts Witches And Warlocks In St. Paul


Photos By John Hoff

In St. Paul, the tough economy is being partially blamed for the closing of a "metaphysical bookstore" popular with pagans, Wiccans and "seekers." According to an email from owner Teisha Magee...

...Evenstar Bookstore will be closing because of "a combination of the slow economy and Gillian (my business partner) moving on to other ventures in her life" have combined to "make it impossible for us to keep Evenstar open" and the store will close at the end of January.

Yeah, tough economy out there. Even witches and warlocks are complaining about it.

(Regular readers might be wondering how it is I have this info. Well, the bookstore has a selection of used books, and I once entered my email information in some kind of prize drawing at the store...so I've been stuck on their listserv ever since)

(The other day I saw the "end of an era" email, and actually opened it instead of deleting it unread. I thought...this is interesting. So, when passing by, I took a few pictures...including this interesting "aid to pagan soldiers" project)

(Oh, and I bought a used book. For a quarter)

1 comment:

Ranty said...

Awwww NUTS! I used to love that store when I was a teenager. :-(