Monday, January 12, 2009

Word Is Spreading About "Hawthorne Advantage" Home Buyer Incentive Program

Flickr.com Photo

Jeanie Hoholik just wrote a great blog post about the new "Hawthorne Advantage" program, click here, so word is spreading like wildfire...

Of course, the post headline says "Move over Folwell." Well, maybe I should say a word or two about that.

Hawthorne is not offering more incentive money than the programs in Folwell. We are offering the same amount. Nobody wants an "incentive war" between North Minneapolis neighborhoods. This is something which Bev, our Housing Chair, went out of the way to say on the record when this stuff was passed in committee.

And I should know, I took the minutes as "Acting Secretary."

However, for a long time the Folwell neighborhood has been very effective at promoting word about their incentive program, leading real estate buyers to tell their agents "get me something in Folwell!" Naturally, the Hawthorne neighborhood wants buyers to house hunt in Hawthorne as well as places like Folwell or the magnificent pickings in Camden, click here for an example.

If other North Minneapolis neighborhoods put together new home buyer incentive programs and contact me about them, I will promote their new incentive programs, too. Yes, I write a lot about Hawthorne but I consider all of North Minneapolis my beat...and I've been known to range wider than that in my blog reporting, including Marcy-Holmes, which is still in Ward 3, or the West Bank, which is just a really cool place.

So if it's "move over Folwell" that just means Hawthorne is sitting comfortably beside Folwell, not trying to take Folwell's spot.

Jeanie and other real estate agents are helping our neighborhood by educating would-be buyers about these incentives. Keep up the great work, Jeanie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for incentives! I only wish all real estate agents were so into her clients as Jeanie. We bought in Folwell this past spring but our agent didn't mention it. We found the perfect house and after some research we found out about the incentive on our own but were told it takes a month to process. Which in the world of quick foreclosure sales was way longer than we promised to close by. Our low, low offer was accepted because we could close in a week. So this rant comes down yeah for making people aware the money is out there buyers just need plan ahead (we didn't) Owner occupied homes in North make my eyes tear up just thinking about it!

Johnny Northside said...

Thanks, Wendy. I'm certainly doing my best to spread word all over the internet.

On another note: two comments rejected which had nothing to do with this post, just some of the blowback I get for my occasional, mild, tangential criticisms of how bleak life is in North Dakota.

Nothing to see here. Move along, folks, move along...

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that Hawthorne puts the information about these loans on their web site. While I like the new website, it doesn't seem to be kept up to date. There is no meeting schedule on there. To remain competitive, Hawthorne should make sure to place this information some place where people can see it.

Johnny Northside said...

Yes, well...I applied for the job which would have involved keeping that website up-to-date. As you can see, I didn't get the job, ha ha.