Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hawthorne Housing Director Jeff Skrenes Spots A STUPID NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PROPERTY REPAIR!

Photo By Jeff Skrenes

Jeff Skrenes was out doing a survey of the Eco Village area in the Hawthorne Neighborhood, plus 6th Street N., and took a lot of pictures. In reviewing the photos forwarded by Jeff I spotted (oh, be still, my foolish heart!) an image which is...

...quite obviously an example of a STUPID NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PROPERTY REPAIR. YES!!!!!! SCORE!!!!!!!!!

See, recently the Minneapolis Investment Property blog has been trying to keep up the pace of blogging about this phenomenon, click here...which its blog master (admittedly) first documented and labeled...but can the guy who pioneered blogging about this phenomenon POSSIBLY keep up with murderously prolific nature of this blog?

(Pushing 100 posts this month, baby!!!!)

I doubt it. I highly doubt it. Not when there's my "bullet hole fixed with duct tape" example to compete with. Dream on, Minneeapolis Investment Property blog!

So, anyway, in regard to the picture taken by Jeff...well, I'm not precisely sure what was being attempted, here, by the person who nailed up those weird shingle-looking things, but I know STUPID when I see it, and I'm calling it.

4 comments:

Jeff Skrenes said...

This is crazy! I was out documenting properties that were open to trespass. It was getting dark and I couldn't see a heck of a lot. Plus I don't want to cross the threshold. So I just stuck my camera into the darkness (it has an awesome flash) and snapped a shot. I didn't even realize what I'd captured on film until later.

Johnny Northside said...

What the heck were they going for? The hillbilly look?

Margaret said...

Looks like that paneling you can buy to make a cedar closet. $15/box at menards. Why in tarnation would anybody use it like that? Maybe they think it keeps away the rats?

1915bung said...

Oh, even cheaper at the Re-use store on Broadway!