Saturday, January 24, 2009

Owner Trying To "Save Face" Over 416 31st Ave. N.

Photo By Jeff Skrenes

It seems like there's always a low-intensity soap opera happening with 416 31st. Ave. N. in the Eco Village, and the last couple of weeks were no exception...

I wrote all about my little tour of the place after it hit the real estate market. Well, a few days after that happened, a resident who lives in the Eco Village called me and asked if I was POSITIVE it was still for sale. See, this resident had talked to the owner of the building, "Nimmi," and Nimmi was claiming the house wasn't for sale. That she wasn't ready to sell it, yet.

I thought to myself, "Did Nimmi yank it off the market right after she put it on the market?" I actually wondered. I should have known Nimmi was lying, because Nimmi constantly lies. She lies about how she's going to do something about low-quality tenants that live there, then she does nothing, even when the low-quality tenants steal her aluminum window frames. Or, as somebody recently told me, "She tries to pass herself off as such a victim of circumstance, when she's the one who puts these (expletive) quality tenants in her building."

Sorry. I'm venting.

Anyway, I called up a real estate agent, just to double check. I managed to confirm, rather quickly, the house was still on the market. It was still for sale at the "Dream On Price" of 150K, but at least they'd finally corrected the photograph and it now showed the correct house.

So here's what I think happened, and I told my friend this: Nimmi was trying to "save face" in that conversation. In fact, she's hard-pressed, economically, and trying to hock the house. But she doesn't want to say so, in a face-to-face conversation.

Nimmi. Your secret is safe with me.

And everybody who reads my blog.

P.S. Hawthorne Housing Director Jeff Skrenes gave me a copy of this picture of 416, but he's not actually responsible for this content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's the link to the MLS, just in case you would like to verify that it's listed.


http://www.mlsfinder.com/mn_rmls/jeaniehoholik/index.cfm?action=email_listing_detail&property_id=3629383