Saturday, January 10, 2009

3020 4th Street North Unsecured AFTER A MONTH OF CALLS TO 311!

Photo By John Hoff

So I tell people about how great 311 works and then this wretched little house makes me eat crow...

I've spent a month calling 311 about 3020 4th St. N., reporting how the front door is unsecured and anybody can just WALK RIGHT IN. (Be warned if you walk right in: the second floor stairway landing lacks a railing. You could just walk right off the edge if you're not careful)

Sigh. Sometimes calling 311 isn't so much like making a report as it is like LOBBYING.

But I don't lose hope, and I don't let up.

3 comments:

That's it, you gone and done it! said...

Its 3020 4th St btw...and I just posted about it before I read ur blog..My fault

Johnny Northside said...

Thanks for catching that. I made corrections.

I know I called it in right to 311, because they told me about the boarding orders and, oh yes, they'd be getting it boarded. Just have faith, I guess.

That's it, you gone and done it! said...

I think mostly due to your compulsive blogging, they finally boarded up that door, I noticed when I went to pick the kids up from school today. Couldn't snap a photo the snow was too heavy and the car behind me was following to close