Monday, July 20, 2009

Toast Wine Bar And Cafe In NoMi's North Loop Features "Yappy Hour" For Dog Owners...

Photo By John Hoff

After the "One Man Minneapolis" pageant, where Officer Mark Klukow brought victory to NoMi and told everybody how much our neighborhood has improved, my friends and I went to Toast Wine Bar and Cafe in North Loop.

Toast has a great menu with exacting attention paid to every detail, featuring items like crostinis with "ricotta cheese and chestnut honey" (on the non-meat crostini side of the menu) or "mozzarella and senano ham" (on the meat side). Their menu pays attention to the origin of items, so those who embrace the local food trend (like my two friends) can have a choice between "taleggio cheese, Italy" or "Northern Lights bleu cow's milk Ramsey County."

Of course, the actual menu eschews capital letters, a grievous failing in my view, but something can be both a grievous failing and a minor point, I guess. I couldn't help but notice Toast was advertising a very interesting event: Yappy Hour, a time when customers are allowed to bring their dogs to restaurant. I assume that means out on the patio? 

(Do not click "Read More")


No comments: