Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And Now The Latest Installment Of...Stupid Property Repairs!!!

Photo By John Hoff

There is an investment property guy who is a lot more dedicated to writing about this stuff than I am, and here's a link to his website, click here. (I happened upon it because of the blog of Jeanie Hoholik...)

So the investment property guy's blog raised my consciousness about "stupid property repairs" and sharing them via this blog, at least when I see one. (And I'm probably just as likely to be GUILTY of one as DOCUMENTING one)

Anyway, this is a house I toured recently with Connie. As you can see, one of the glass panes is missing...so somebody used part of a light fixture to cover the hole! This is probably what happens when squatters try to be SOMEWHAT responsible and make their own repairs. (Note how the OTHER open pane area is covered by a hunk of screen!)

And, to be perfectly clear, I draw a strong distinction between "political" squatting--the kind done by anarchists and housing activists, with whole social movements happening in some nations, like the Netherlands--versus "desperate, down on their luck, otherwise homeless squatters." And I might be in favor of well-regulated and safe outdoor encampments. I just might.

I am, after all, a bleeding heart.

(Do not click "Read More")

1 comment:

Jeanie Hoholik-TwinCityRealEstateChat.com said...

Good one! Keep 'em coming, Johnny! ~ Jeanie Hoholik, TwinCityRealEstateChat.com