Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Massive" Police Raid On 2207 6th St. N. TODAY

Photo By John Hoff 

Word comes from an anonymous source of a "massive" police raid on 2207 6th St. N., a house which has become the scourge of the neighborhood. The photo above shows a couple of drug dealers who hang out in that area. The following info comes from the anonymous source in question...

The raid took place around mid-day. Windows were broken out of 2207 6th St. N., people were seen in handcuffs, police dogs were going inside and there were police cars "everywhere." One neighbor said he/she was "so happy I can hardly contain myself."

The neighbor observed "one dozen police" in "full gear" and said the scene "looked like a flippin' military operation. The neighbor gives credit to Lt. Rugel for taking the initiative, and does not see anybody but Lt. Rugel as deserving of credit in the matter.

Word of the incident spread rapidly on the "de facto" neighborhood association listserv, and one recipient of the information replied, "Oh, no, that's a pity! I had them down for bringing the cookies on Sunday!" At about 4 PM, I also observed a great deal of police activity in the neighborhood, and in light of this activity, it seems possible the raid at 2207 was part of a larger effort. I hope so. 

Information--third hand via the anonymous source, therefore "word on the street," says a flat screen television was carried out of the house by police. The owner of the house--known to long-suffering, decent neighbors as "grandma"--was observed driving away, then returning to the house with a bottle of booze in a brown paper bag. There has been loose talk of filing a lawsuit against "Grandma" and trying to take away her house in a judgment. Neighbors are FED UP AND FIGHTING BACK. 

A while after the raid, some individuals who associate with the notorious drug house in question were seen walking angrily in the direction of neighboring houses then--as though thinking better of rash action--stopping and turning around. Neighbors are fearful of retaliation--in the form of bullets, fire, objects through windows, the usual stuff--TONIGHT.

More details as I receive them. STAY STRONG DECENT PEOPLE OF HAWTHORNE. We are not alone and we are taking back our neighborhood from thugs and scum.  

6 comments:

Jeanie Hoholik-TwinCityRealEstateChat.com said...

I don't envy you. However, I appreciate your efforts. ~ Jeanie Hoholik, TwinCityRealEstateChat.com

Anonymous said...

Amazingly, I saw this first hand. I've never even been to this neighborhood before today but I there was a cute house for sale and I have a relative moving to MPLS I was going to check it out for. I was thoroughly impressed with the neighborhood. Interesting rolling topography (S MPLS is so flat). Tree lined streets, some nicely kept homes. Not scary at all! Then I thought I would go through the alley before turning around. I was halfway down the alley when a white van just stopped in the middle of the alley. I pulled over so it could pass but instead it just sat there. Then suddenly about a dozen guys in full bulletproof gear and large assault weapons popped out of the van yelling "everybody get down." I can't believe I didn't shit myself. My first instinct was to flop face first into the seat next to me. Then I decided on hitting reverse instead. If I can come through an experience like that and say that I still like your neighborhood then that is really saying something. Overall I found it quite charming and was glad to see the cops mean business over there! I would totally recommend any of my friends or family to move to that neighborhood. I told my friend who owns the house I was looking at about my experience and then she emailed me this link when she discovered it on your blog. How ironic! I can honestly say (first hand) it was as intense as everything you've heard!

Anonymous said...

It's 830am on saturday - any update on how the neighbors got thru the night? might have to hop in the mobile and take a drive around. thanks Hawthorne neighbors for keeping up the good fight.

Johnny Northside said...

They apparently got through the night. I'll send an email and see if there are any updates.

Anonymous said...

John - Why didn't you post the picture I sent you of the raid taking place? I'll send it again in case you didn't get it.

Yup, made it through that night with no problems. I called the 4th Precinct and told them I was a bit concerned of retaliation, so they had extra patrols in the area that night My sincerest thanks to all of them.

What we've been saying around here all along looks to be true. Get rid of a couple of major, problem properties and 90% of the crap goes away. For the past couple of years, we've had non-stop traffic and dealing from this house every day of the week. At night, 15-30 teenage boys and girls would gather on the corner and cause problems all night long. Since Thursday - NOTHING. Everyone is gone. 2207 looks almost deserted, but I know people are still living there. Hopefully in the next few days I'll find out more details of the raid.

Just one more big one to take down. Life is good right now.

Johnny Northside said...

I'm going to my email now to look for the picture of the raid in question. I have been out of town, dealing with family, and not getting near wireless access as often as I normally do. If I got a picture of the raid, you bet I'll post it.