Thursday, October 9, 2008

Three "Rat Garages" Near 3022 North 6th Street

Photo By John Hoff

According to reliable reports from some responsible citizens who live around the corner of 3rd St. N. and 31st. Ave. N., there are three garages behind properties along 4th Street...including this one at 3022 4th St. N...which are full of, um...


RATS!!!!

Specifically Norway rats, which even aggressive "mouser" cats learn to fear and avoid. The problem is a lot of garbage was boarded up inside the garages, and the rats have found a little secluded rodent paradise. Two of the garages are quite bad, the third one--which didn't have a lot of garbage--is not as bad, but the rats still go in there.

I promised the residents who told me about it that I'd get around to blogging about the issue, and try to draw some attention to it.

3 comments:

jake said...

Maybe you should take your camera in there, John. I mean, I suppose Gabe and I could come along, but, you know, you could probably just go in there by yourself. Just to document the conditions. And video tape some Norway rats. All by yourself.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the city should send some of our 2 legged rats to live in the garages so they can see what their life styles are doing to the good people of North Minneapolis? I suppose that would be cruel.

Anonymous said...

I will have to get my little rat terrier over there. He just loves them. 2 years ago when the houses on either side of us emptied of renters we had a lot of mice and rats want to share our home with us. Rex the wonder dog thought they were his new play toys. Has poison been put out?