Sunday, October 12, 2008

So Did They Put Oak Flooring In...The Bathroom?

Image From This Blog, Click Here

The real estate investment dude who pioneered blogging about "stupid property repairs" in North Minneapolis gave a shout to this blog, and apparently I spurred him to tackle the "stupid repairs" subject again. Pictured above is...

...a living room done in--are you ready for this?--white tile.

The blogger mentions (in an open-minded way, I thought) how folks in Florida do this tile thing in living rooms. Yeah, makes sense...things are hot in Florida, and coming home to cool, air-conditioned tile seems comfy compared to, I don't know, shag carpet for example. Having lived three years in El Paso, I understand.

But apparently there were other issues with the tile, and he gets into them on his blog, so check it out.

Now, in addition to watching out for squatters, and unsecured houses, and graffiti, and shoes on power lines, and...and...well, everything else, I'm also keeping an eye out for STUPID PROPERTY REPAIRS.

Though I'm not one to judge too harshly on THIS subject. My taste in interior decorating tends toward "shabby chic" and "post-apocalyptic."

1 comment:

Margaret said...

This kind of thing seems idiodic for sure, until you realize that a lot of these "repairs" and "upgrades" happen because somebody got a whole bunch of materials that nobody wanted or that "fell off a truck" cheap. There is a house on my block that has been under construction for over 5 years. I think the contractor is doing most of it himself. It features a tiny slider window (the kind you'd see in a basement, not egress) on the front of the house and an enormous custom window on the garage roof peak.