Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Real Estate Agent Superstition?

Photo By John Hoff

While I was touring a house with Connie, I saw...

...Pennies dropped on the floor, and naturally I had to pick them up. That's when Connie Nompelis told me some real estate agents are superstitious, and drop coins at properties. I'd never heard this before. Part of me wondered if Connie wasn't talking about HERSELF, and those were HER pennies, especially when she actually did admit to engaging in the superstition herself and specifically mentioned "five coins." (Who am I to talk, though? I was wearing my "lucky boots" at the time)

I tried to research the "five coins for real estate good luck" superstition and didn't come up with much...if real estate agents engage in such rituals, they're not leaving clues around the blogosphere.

3 comments:

Jeanie Hoholik-TwinCityRealEstateChat.com said...

Just don't pick a penny up if it's face down! That's really bad luck. My client gave me the "heads up" on that one! ~ Jeanie Hoholik, TwinCityRealEstateChat.com

Marilyn Litt said...

In Chicago a seller will bury a statue of St. Joseph upside down for good luck.

I bought a condo with a terrace that had a window box. I was digging in the dirt and came up with St. J, wrapped in a plastic bag. Worked for that seller!

Here is a link: http://www.fisheaters.com/stjoestatue.html

I do not know if it works if the realtor does it, but you can easily buy these statues in Chicago.

Amanda Huggenkiss said...

My grandparents also buried a statue of St. Joseph when they sold their lake home in southeastern Wisconsin. Seems to definitely be a Catholic thing!

And my grandparents' statue eventually worked, as do all of those sorts of things!