Wednesday, October 8, 2008

North Minneapolis Blind Crack Dealer Is An Inspiration! (Or Not)

Photo By John Hoff

Near 2207 6th St. N, the "problem property" which some people just won't let rest (AND WHY SHOULD THEY?) I learned there is a guy called the "blind drug dealer" who...

...apparently lost his sight in the same gang-related shooting which killed his brother. I saw him walking slowly down the street, with his white cane, guided by a loyal friend and fellow dealer.

One of the good citizens of Hawthorne told me the guy's name...McElroy or something?...and I jotted it down, but then (ARG!) I misplaced the scrap of paper with the blind drug dealer's name.

I'll get the name, though, and put it up here. Such an inspiring individual should not go nameless and unrecognized! (Sarcasm font broken, notifying the reader manually)

Yeah, we're FED UP and LONG SUFFERING and a certain lack of sympathy is the result. Those who do not endure what we endure in North Minneapolis are welcome to pick up the blind drug dealer in question, take him to your pretty house out in the suburbs, make him some mother (expletive) s'mores and sing a few rounds of "Kumbuya."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He can usually be found near the bars on Washington and Broadway area. I see him most nights on the way home from work. Hard to feel sorry for someone who is doing bad things and bad things happen to him.

Anonymous said...

fuck you white bitches an gotta know get you dick out your ass kevin!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to lol at this. I once hated you Johnny, but as I've matured I've grown to almost like you. I still feel as if talking bad about the dead is harsh, no matter what their lifestyle is. I digress... The funny thing about this dude is I'm in my early 30s, but I jumped off the porch at 14. He's been around since the mid 90s selling drugs, and I just seen him a week ago doing the same thing. He can't be good at what he does. Can't believe I'm saying this, but what's your email Johnny? I can give you a hand deciphering ebonics and explaining some of the culture whenever you have questions.

Johnny Northside! said...

My email is at the top of the blog and always has been but if you need it again, it's hoffjohnw@gmail.com

DO YOU HAVE THIS GUY'S NAME?