Monday, October 6, 2008

Little Mysteries of The MLS (What's Up With 3001 N. 6th St.?)


Fair Comment And Criticism Use Of Image

Regular readers know 3001 N. 6th St. has been on my radar, due to lord-knows-who buying the place and...

...proceeding to do a lot of work without a permit. I pretty much assumed this was prelude to slum-lording, and soon we'd be seeing renters with no background checks moving in with their meager possessions...no doubt transported in black plastic trash bags, with the obligatory loud-drinking-and-drug party on the lawn the very first night.

So I've been watching the property. But I'm not the only one. Somebody high up in public policy circles called me today and pointed out an oddity on the MLS listing for that property. And, hey, you've got to be REALLY into MLS trivia to care about this, but there is a certain subset of "Johnny Northside" readers which fits that arcane demographic. So check this out:

The MLS customer listing shows "Jason Walgrave" as the listing agent. Also, under the category "Listing Agent Is The Owner?" the answer (as of when I'm writing this) is "No."

However, if you look up the property on the Minneapolis property info website, the owner is listed as Jason Walgrave, who IS indeed also the listing agent.

Well, technically, the owner is listed as "3001 North 6th St LLC" and below that is the name "Jason Walgrave." So I guess, on that paper-thin legal basis, it would be quite correct to say Jason Walgrave is NOT the owner as well as the listing agent, since some kind of LLC owns 3001 6th St. N.

But Walgrave apparently owns the LLC.

Oh, by the way, the price for the building is now $225,000. Hysterically funny! I remember when somebody was begging me to submit an offer for $25,000 just to get the ball rolling.

The image above shows the building with old siding. To be fair, the building now has spiffy new siding...most of it installed before a building permit was pulled.

P.S. Yes, that's an MLS image. I'm commenting on the MLS fairly and squarely and, obviously, not doing my own listing. If you want to buy the place, talk to the listing agent. I mean owner. I mean...well, it's a mystery, ain't it?

4 comments:

Jeanie Hoholik-TwinCityRealEstateChat.com said...

One thing that is a stickler with me is that it should be listed as 3001 6th Avenue North. Not 3001 N. 6th Avenue. It can make a difference when a Realtor is doing a search. ~ Jeanie Hoholik, TwinCityRealEstateChat.com

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home. It reminds me of a home that was in my neighborhood that I grew up in back in Detroit. Back in the good ole' days. I could cry. ~ Jeanie Hoholik, TwinCityRealEstateChat.com

Johnny Northside said...

Jeanie...

Avenue? You mean "Street." That's 6th Street.

But I get ya. I'll modify accordingly. The name of the LLC is, however, as it is.

Molly MM said...

I nearly just peed my pants with laughter... property STILL listed after 309 days with no price reductions. Hopefully they don't need to sell it anytime soon as it will likely take 5-10 years for multi-family values to come back. Pffffft!