Sunday, October 19, 2008

The World's Largest Lutefisk Processor!

Photo By John Hoff

Among other claims to fame, the Hawthorne Neighborhood is home to the world's largest lutefisk processor, which is the Olsen Fish Company, click here for their website. For their "Lutefisk Hotline," call 1-800-882-0212 for assistance with your lutefisk addiction.

Recently, while I was in a small town in rural Minnesota, I found some lutefisk for sale and asked the guy working behind the meat counter if...

...the lutefisk was from Minneapolis. He went in the back and checked something, and confirmed it was, indeed. But then he said, "It's leftover from the church supper, though. We had too much."

Wow, I thought, how can you have TOO MUCH LUTEFISK? And the idea of it being LEFTOVER lutefisk just made it so much more attractive.

Even when I leave Hawthorne, I find that Hawthorne has not left me and I find pieces of my neighborhood everywhere. In this case...in a serving of lutefisk.

No comments: