Sunday, October 19, 2008

Turn Back This Negative Trend Of Sidewalk Advertising

Photo By John Hoff, Advertising By Satan

The horror, the horror. In front of the Acadia Cafe on the West Bank is this...this...CRAP on the sidewalk...

Which appears to be, good lord, ADVERTISING.

It's bad enough that ads get plastered all over the light rail, decreasing the ability to see out the windows, or that you can't even take a leak in a urinal without an ad being in front of your face, but now...ON THE FREAKING SIDEWALK? If this trend continues, then laws against public urination and defecation will have to be repealed, just so citizens can talk back to the sidewalk ads.

I don't know if the City of Minneapolis gave "permission," or if the company just went out and did it, but either way the trend should be TURNED BACK. Though it is my impression sidewalk "chalking" was upheld by the courts, and I wouldn't object to chalk, even if it were a commercial message, but THIS?!!! Arg. GO AWAY SIDEWALK ADVERTISING, AMERICA DOESN'T WANT YOU AND YOU SUCK!!!!!!

5 comments:

kanoyes said...

Hey John,

Who did the ad? I know you don't want to spread their message around but we could at least give them a call and tell them they suck.

Johnny Northside said...

I'll try to go back and get that info. In the meantime, anybody who knows can chime in.

brandigirl (Doug) said...

I'm usually pretty down on advertising but in this case, it really helped me. Having no health insurance, I took the information and ended up getting a good rate with Medica, the advertiser.

Johnny Northside said...

Oh, gee, thanks "brand girl." How much do you get paid to go around and try to create viral buzz on the blogosphere? I can see right through you.

brandigirl (Doug) said...

Paid? Nothing. Viral buzz? Do you mean everyone should be in lockstep with your opinion? I didn't say I approved of this type of advertising. I just said in this case, it helped me out.
Try to be a little more tolerant of others.