Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Positive Fallout From The CitiMortgage Lawsuit

Photo By John Hoff

I had a conversation with somebody who works at a title company, and she passed on an interesting nugget of info...

In the last few months, since the settlement of the lawsuit by the Hawthorne Neighborhood Council in regard to 415 31st Ave. N., (pictured above) and predatory lending, etc., CitiMortgage has become MUCH EASIER TO DEAL WITH WHEN IT COMES TO SELLING FORECLOSED HOUSES.

My source didn't say it was BECAUSE of the lawsuit. Indeed, I'm not sure she even knew about the lawsuit, though I mentioned it to her. But we were chatting about this-n-that, and she told me, yeah, in the last few months...CitiMortgage has been getting its act together.

Maybe there is hope, after all. Nobody in Hawthorne ever HATED CitiMortgage. It's impossible to hate something so far away, aloof, and impersonal.

No comments: