Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Cab Driver Was "Ready To Die" As Mohamud Ahmed Abdi Pointed A Pistol, Allegedly...

Stock photo, blog post by John Hoff

Astute readers might notice a pattern in the criminal complaints I blog about. The alleged perpetrators tend to have surnames near the beginning of the alphabet. Honestly, I can barely work my way through the letter "E" on the jail roster before new (alleged) no-accounts take their place and I start all over at the top. I am confident that down near the letter Z, rampant serial murder is being committed without being written about by me or anybody else.

I kid, but you get my point.

So, moving on to accused would-be robber Mohamud Ahmed Abdi, he was charged on November 1 with second degree assault while using or possessing a firearm. Click here for a copy of the criminal complaint. 

There is no robbery charge simply because...

...Abdi didn't get anything in the robbery. Abdi's would-be victim was a cab driver who stared down the business end of a pistol, and described himself as "ready to die," but didn't give Abdi any money.

Abdi was apprehended near Washington Ave. and 3rd Ave. N. His home address is listed as 610 Logan Ave. N., apartment 4. This address is a Project For Pride in Living property.

Guess that didn't work out so well, that whole taking pride in how you live your life thing.

Allegedly. 

No comments: