Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Jail Base Dot Com Announces Plans For New Facial Recognition App...

MN DOC mug shot, therefore public domain, blog post by John Hoff

Jail Base Dot Com is a competitor to this blog, but not really.

Frankly, I wish they'd compete even more effectively so I wouldn't have to publish the Hennepin County Jail Roster every month. If Jail Base Dot Com would simply start printing arrestee addresses as well as mug shots and charge info, I'd find it completely unnecessary to publish the county jail roster...a task I find uncreative and tedious at best, but very necessary.

Oh, well. Frankly the roster does wonders for my internet traffic, so it's not like I'm going to get worked up over the issue. I win either way. And I've been glad to see entities like Jail Base Dot Com carrying at least part of the load of promulgating information about arrests connected to North Minneapolis.

Now Jail Base is announcing exciting new plans to make a phone app available featuring facial recognition software...

Here's the announcement that went out by email, exactly as it arrived in my inbox.

Greetings, my name is James and I am the founder of JailBase.com. We rarely send out emails to our users, however we have some exiting news and we also wanted to ask for your help.

First the exciting news, we are building a mobile app! Not only will you have notification and search functionality on your mobile phone, but we are also adding facial recognition. Which allows you to take a picture on your mobile phone and find arrested individuals by face. The planned release date is in March of next year.

Now the part where we need your help. We are asking our users to help us fund the project. Don't worry though, you will get something in return! We have some great rewards for helping us get this done. You can visit our fund-raising page here: Our Mobile App Crowdfunding Page

Please email us back if you have any questions or suggestions.

As a note, we plan to send out a few more emails during the next few weeks. If you don't want any more emails, you can unsubscribe below, but we would love to keep you updated.

Thanks!


By the way, readers might be wondering what's the story with the little morning glory pictured above.

Well, I needed a stock photo so I went to the Minnesota Department of Corrections website and asked, "Who is a big birthday boy today, November 27?"

The answer was Ty Quay Forsell, DOB 11/27/1990. He's a robber who didn't use a weapon and will be released January 13, 2014, good behavior permitting. He likes moonlit walks on the beach and talking about his feeling.

(Yes, "feeling," singular)

(Anger, mostly)

Happy birthday, Ty Quay! Your present is this blog post.   

3 comments:

Johnny Northside! said...

To my anonymous behind the scenes poster who is not posting about this topic, but about something else, I say as follows:

I am looking forward to that. Your information is being scrutinized behind the scenes and not just by me. What a rabbit hole, really.

Anonymous said...

You spelt his name wrong by the way.

Johnny Northside! said...

You are right. It's not Ty Quan Forsell. It's Ty QUAY Forsell.

I have gone back and corrected. Thanks for drawing that to my attention.