Thursday, January 9, 2014

JNS Blog Receives Image Of Not-Quite-Satisfactory Graffiti Cleanup At 2719 Lyndale Ave. N., Abused And Neglected Stepchild Of Neighborhood Housing Service Minneapolis...

Top, contributed image, bottom, image from North Talk Facebook forum,
blog post by John Hoff

It's on like Donkey Kong. Yesterday I hinted 2719 Lyndale Ave. N. was likely to become this blogger's latest obsession, but I was willing to wait, like, exactly a week to see if there was any progress before I would start beating my drum incessantly. Almost immediately, I was told... 



...a cleanup would be taking place THURSDAY, which is...well, that's today, isn't it? 

And there was a cleanup. There was, um, PROGRESS. Note this photo taken TODAY at 2:28 PM. 

This is what tries to pass for progress in North Minneapolis. Apparently, a half-assed cleaning effort is all our neighborhood and this fine old house is worth from Neighborhood Housing Service Minneapolis. WTF, people, WTF? 

Not. Good. Enough. 

JNS blog has its ear to the ground to find out if this is all we're getting or if this was just a preliminary effort. My sinking heart strongly suspects I already know the answer. 

5 comments:

Johnny Northside! said...

Rumor has it the attempted cleanup will continue tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, it's the middle of the fricken winter, give people a chance.
Why don't you go take care of your own house.
You're so busy minding everyone else's business, you let your house go to shit. Shall we drive by and take some pix of the problems so the world can see??

Johnny Northside! said...

Be sure when you drive by you do it slow enough so my cameras can pick up your license plate.

Oh, wait, never mind. I'm sure they'll get your plate even if you don't slow down.

Anonymous said...

You need the camera to know since you don't live there.

Johnny Northside! said...

My drivers license and my homestead exemption say something different, so go jump in a lake.